Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday's Psychotherapy Trivia Question: Can Psychotherapy Improve the Outcome Of Surgery?

 
Photos from www.FlickrCC.com*


Thought for the Day: Yesterday, I was very busy & did not have time to write a post, but I did get an idea for today's trivia question. I met with a new client who needs to undergo a serious heart operation in a couple of weeks. The odds for a bad outcome (death, paralysis, brain damage) are 1 in 20. Understandably, they are frightened. Since the client's mother died young, they fear that the worst will happen to them. They feel sure history will repeat itself & are afraid they will leave their children without a parent. Here's my trivia question:

                True or False: Psychotherapy can improve the outcome of 
            high risk surgery.

What are your thoughts? Come back on Thursday for the answer.


Photos:
*1 'Medtronic EnRhythm Pacing System' http-/www.flickr.com/photos/23508701@N00/2015221291
*2 'Love is in the Air' http-/www.flickr.com/photos/75199686@N00/2566674431

No comments: