Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sundays Comic Strips: Winter Blues and Valentine's Cards for Single People


Thought for the Day: I had trouble choosing which photos to post today and decided to post two. After yet another snow storm this week, the creative snow sculpture from Duchess County Fairgrounds on Facebook's post was too funny not to share right now. In my practice as a psychologist, almost every session begins with people, myself included, questioning their sanity wondering why they are living in Connecticut.  Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) diagnosis have sky rocketed this year and sales of natural spectrum light fixtures are at a record high. Since around half of the country has been affected by one of the worst winters in years, keeping our sense of humor will help us all cope with the weather till spring finally arrives. When it does we will appreciate it more than usual.
If you have had enough cold and snow, PLEASE...Raise Your Hands
Photo from Duchess County Fairgrounds on Facebook

The second comic photo I chose is related to Valentine's Day. With all the hype about Valentine's Day many people forget how depressing the holiday is for people who are single and not in a relationship. If you don't have a special relationship, just broke up or are going through a divorce, Valentine's Day can be a very painful reminder of what is missing in your life. You can take advantage of 1/2 price chocolate and try to eat away your sadness. Humor, on the other hand, is a less fattening way to cope with Valentine's Blues. The writers at Buzz feed created some funny cards to give to yourself. Here's one that I chose, but you can click the link below to see more funny cards!

Valentine’s Cards For Single People To Give To Themselves
Because if you’re going to buy yourself chocolate, you might as well give yourself a card.



No comments: