Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, April 18, 2014

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: "Brave" by Sara Bareilles with a Video That Will Touch Your heart


Thought for the Day: I have heard the song "Brave" on the radio and found the lyrics inspiring, but when I searched for the song on YouTube, I found an even more inspiring video that gives the song an even more powerful message, which brought tears to the eyes of singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles, who created the hit song. 


Patients and staff members of Unit 5 at the University of Minnesota's Amplatz Children's Hospital show how brave they are. The video went viral and has had over 1,200,000 hits on YouTube. Take a look and share it with anyone who needs encouragement to be brave. 






Last October, Natalie Snyder and Brittany Bloemke, the two nurses who organized the video, and Sarah Ewald, one of the video's young brave cancer patients were surprised while being interviewed by HLN TV when Bareilles Skyped and told them,
“I was sent this video by a friend of a friend who lives in Minnesota, and I watched it late at night and immediately my eyes welled up,” Bareilles said. "It's moment like this that remind me of the importance of music, and I can't think of a more perfect incarnation of this song. It's exactly the kind of thing that gives the life to this song that we were hoping for." (from Huffington Post)

No comments: