Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday's Psychology Tips: How to Be a Healthy Mom


Thought for the Day: Still celebrating Passover which has led to a very late posting today, but I wanted to post a Psychology Tip. Mothers often put everyone else's needs before their own. Many women have been taught that self care is equivalent to being selfish. However, it is important the take care of yourself so that you will have the energy to care for others.
Recently I posted this Tip on HealthTap about Women's health: 

 Be a healthy mom. Make time for exercise, friendships, passions, and your partner. 

     If all you were to do was to take care of your needs while neglecting your children and family's needs, it would be selfishness. However, making time for yourself is an act of self assertion, not selfishness. It is also a way that you teach your children that it is important to care for their needs.

     How do you take care of yourself? Do you exercise regularly? How do you fit time into your busy schedule for friendships? Your passions? Your partner? Admittedly, it is a juggling act, however, it is important. It will help prevent burnout. When you take time for yourself, you will have more patience in your interactions with your loved ones.

     You can see the original 100 character Tip as well as other tips and answers to questions I have posted on or follow me on HealthTap.

Congratulations to Entry #22 Amy G who won a copy ot The Wake Up and Dream Challenge Raffle!

No comments: