Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tuesday's Psychology Tips: Simple Depression Busters


Thought for the Day: Yesterday, I got a note from HealthTap. The app told me I had saved a life and that the person I helped had sent a thank you note. I checked to see what question was to see why my answer was seen as a life saver. I decided to share it here. I tried to give some simple ways to overcome depression. I shared things that anyone could try in addition to psychotherapy and medication which are surely needed for severe depression. Hopefully, these tips will help others cope with depression until they can start psychotherapy.Here's the question and my answer...


A 49 year-old asked:
Are there sure ways to get rid of this depression?
Natural aids
Exercise is a natural antidepressant. Even when you feel like staying in bed, get up and exercise. It will improve your mood. Laughter is also a natural antidepressant. See a funny movie. Laugh out loud. Speak with a friend. Go to a mall, it may help you get your mind off your troubles. Listen to music it may also help improve your mood. Therapy is also a huge help so why not take advantage of it?

No comments: